Sunday, May 12, 2013

Channelling The Queen Mother on Mother's Day

As I type, I feel slightly anxious as I've got my usual Sunday Nite guests arriving in under a half a hour, and I really should be out in the kitchen slaving over yet another pot of Frozen Green Pea Soup which has become my Default Dinner Party Soup because its soo easy, its almost a joke soup.
All you do is cut up an onion, fry it in butter & then shove in a kilo of frozen green peas, some water & a whole load of My Favourite Disgusting Magic Ingredient, Instant Stock Powder which I'm sure is filled with some hateful toxic ingredient that I can't even bear to think about.
I'm serving the soup with some cream & mint leaves & some frozen crusty little baby bread rolls.
Thankfully, AJ is bringing the main course.
Anyway, all I want to say is Happy Mother's Day to myself & any other Mother who may be reading this. Even after all these years, I still can't believe I'm a Mother or that I didn't accidentally drop her or drown her in the bath when she was a baby which is what I was always terrified of doing.
Must get back to the kitchen.....