Monday, March 11, 2013

A Yawn & a Snore All Rolled into One


Hello & Welcome to My Last Week As a Woman in Her Fifties.
Yes, hard as it is to believe, I'm leaving my fifties behind on Friday.
That Ship (or is it, Boat?) has sailed (or is about to set sail).

The question is, will I still be able to call myself, Middleagedteacher?
I do hope it's not stretching the truth too much if I keep it because there's something Quite Unappealing about the term Elderly Teacher.
But wait.........
Could there be a more attractive alternative, something I've never considered before?
Advanced Teacher perhaps?
OR
better still,
Senior Teacher?
There's something rather Sassy but Dignified about Senior Teacher, don't you think?
I'll have to ponder it.
All week, by way of Celebration, I'm making my Fellow Colleagues come up with Names of Fab Women Over 60. In fact, we've managed to have a number of catagories - Fab Women over 60, Not So Fab Women Over 60 & Women Who Will Be Fab When They're 60.
Of course, we've all come up with the Tired Old Usual Suspects - Helen Mirren, Judy Dench, Susan Sarandon, Hillary Clinton.
But I'm wanting Fresh Names if not Quite Fresh Faces.
You know, Women that don't immediately spring to mind.
And they don't have to be still living.
But I don't mean Katherine Hepburn. Or The Duchess of Windsor. Or Coco Chanel even though I would walk over wet cement for a Chanel Bag.
If you have any interesting suggestions, drop me a line.
And don't suggest Miss Piggy. She hasn't reached 60 yet.

Oh....BTW, the photo above is selected outfits from my Lenten Wardrobe Challenge.
What a total yawn & snore all rolled into one.
And....there's still over two weeks to go.

No comments: