Thursday, April 17, 2008

Makeover Madness!




I'm so loving all the kurfuffle over at The Sartorialist about the appropriateness of Sart, himself going up to some hot chick he sees in a shop or something, & because she's got sheer pantihose & Bogan Elf style bootlets on, offers to give her a makeover. Or maybe SHE asked him for a makeover.
Last time I checked (which wasn't v. long ago, I haven't got much else to do at the moment) there were nearly 600 comments made about Sart's offer. Most people made typical slobbering comments of the 'We Love You Sart & we'd love to get madeover by you' variety, & other people were up in arms. 'How dare He?' some cried; 'Isn't he supposed to be recording street style?' others asked.
I've always thought that The Sartorialist was a bit like the film, 'Mean Girls', with Scot, the Sart just a more sympathetic version of the Nasty Regina George.
But, with all the talk of Makeovers, I dragged out some photos of my daily outfits from last year & compared them to this year's crop. Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see, but this year's outfits are better. Hours & hours pouring over thumbnails of funky outfits from all over the world ( well, not in the Third World much) on flickr's wardrobe remix has made a difference. I've posted some e.g.s. See if you can see a difference!

No comments: