Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Unattainable Jimmy Choo

Jimmy Choo has been ever so slightly featuring in my life lately.
A few weeks back I cleverly thrifted a Magnificent Fake Choo handbag that almost, but not quite looks like the REal thing.
And then a Jimmy Choo Actual Shop opened at nearby Bondi Westfield. I even went in there & sniffed out the price of the bags, going so far as to get the v. attentive shop assistant to take the stuffing out of them so I could make a closer inspection.
So, imagine my loud squeals of delight when I noticed a pair of Choos in the window of my favourite thrift shop, 'Bednobs & Broomsticks'! I had to control myself because it was a sunday & the shop was shut.

But first thing Monday morning I was outside, literally champing at the bit (not quite sure what it means, but I'm sure I was doing it) to be let in bang on opening time. I raced to the shoes, tore mine off, & watched with awe as my foot easily slid into the shoe, just like Cinderella's did after the ball.
But when I stood up, I wobbled. They were far too high. I would never be able to walk down the street without falling over & having a serious accident. Perhaps a hip replacement.

Sadly, I put them back. Like so much else in Life, Jimmy was unattainable.

1 comment:

Darla said...

Well, dang it! Maybe a bag will show up. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Meanwhile I like that black/white dress on display behind you.

Darla