Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Happiest Guy Ever

Ten Thousand Quiches.
It's sunday nite.
The 'Mad Men' dinner is over. I made a deliciously lite quiche with homemade shortcrust pastry & filled with sauteed onions & capsicum, three eggs, a carton of cream & a load of mini-Roma tomatoes on top sprinkled with shaved parmesan.
I have made at least ten thousand quiches in my lifetime starting at age 26. I am now 57 & a half or just over.
For starters, I served miniature 'Babybel' cheeses encased in red wax with French Toast that came in a packet featuring a picture of Le Tour Eiffel. When I told my daughter, Maeflower on the phone that I was serving this , she laughed at me & called me perhaps twee. Maybe she used the term 'Bogan' as well. I laughed too.
'Mad Men' was Hugely Compelling, although the Huge Wowser who lives inside of me was getting mightily fed up with the enormous amount of booze that everyone was knocking back at ten o'clock in the morning.

I've just done a massive clean up involving a lot of spraying of surfaces & loading of dishwasher. Dear God, I hope I haven't Overloaded It.
I am in a Reflective Mood, hence the picture of Brooding Elvis which cheerily opens the post.
The Holidays are over. For now.
Tomorrow I go back to school.
I don't want to go.
I take this as a Good Sign. I must have enjoyed The Holidays.
I do so wish this was a Haiku.

No comments: