Monday, January 12, 2009

Meet Della Skywalker - The New Me


Over the last couple of months, I've made some vague references to The New Me. 
 Maybe one vague reference.
And here she is  - Della Skywalker (as I'm now known as) standing in the middle of a crowd of 250,000 people at the opening night of the Sydney Festival. I'm holding two Darth Vader Sticks.....oops! I meant Luke Skywalker Sticks. I spent the entire evening waving them just to show that I was In the Swing of Things. And believe it or not, it worked. I actually had a good time. To be honest, my good time had probably more to do with my friends, Jenny & Carla rather than the sticks. But The Sticks were great totems.
Every january for at least two decades we've had this Festival where there's events & performances all over the city which is supposed to be Living Proof that Wow, This City is Really Alive. I've always found it puke-making.

Oh God, sorry to interrupt my Festival Stream of Unconsciousness, but I can't help but have the Golden Gobs, oops, Globes on in the background.  Just then I was totally distracted by the sight of Mr. Mad Men, Don Draper NOT getting the Golden Globe.  I would have SO loved for him to have won  so I could see what he was like getting an award, which I'm sure would have been yet Another Disappointment. Alas, it was NOT to be. And then, Anna Paquin came out to get the next award with an American Accent. What about her New Zealand accent, huh? Where's that gone? At least Simon Baker, who was a presenter, had the decency to keep his Aussie accent.

Where was I? Oh, now Johnny Depp's on. No, I'm not going to de-mute him. Because you know why?
I don't really like him that much. I must be the only woman in the world who feels that way.



 

3 comments:

Darla said...

Della Skywalker? I'll have to remember that. I admit I don't follow movies so I don't know most of the people you mention.

I like your outfit tho.

Darla

janavi said...

Love this photo of you!

Sheila said...

I detest crowds, having been stuck in the middle of a huge one many years ago.

I was pleased for Anna Paquin's win, but also wondered about her accent. Simon Baker is dreamy...