Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mary Poppins Bag Lady



The Sartorialist seems to be running a little series of profiles of Stylish People & asking them a whole load of questions that only the Seriously Stylish could answer. I tried asking myself a few of them & could hardly think of a thing. For instance, 'most underrated item?' Buttons, perhaps? 'Shoetrees?' What? 'Your next must-have item?' Whatever's in the Thrift Store.
One gorgeous Style Maven was asked to describe her Personal Style: "Proper School Marm meets Early Rolling Stones". How did she dream that one up? I'm green with envy.
After thinking for what seemed like hours, I came up with My Personal Style Description: Mary Poppins Meets Bag Lady. Doesn't have quite the same ring, does it?
More on this later - I'm off to the Wayside Chapel Thrift Shop & then to screen "The Philadelphia Story" to a group of my students. Hurrah!

No comments: