Monday, September 21, 2009

The Inspector Gadget Outfit

Oh God, why am I doing this?
Why am I positioning myself next to a Stylish Fashion Stick Insect photographed dashing between the Tents at New York Fashion Week in killer heels holding a banana peel?
I Just Can't Help Myself.
Trench coats are all over The Sartorialist. Go look for yourself. I have been wearing three different ones (not at once of course) that I thrifted over our Toy Winter from 'Bednobs & Broomsticks'. So I can instantly feel superior that I didn't spend a forture at Burberry or Whatever.
But a part of me wishes I did.
That's the same part of me that wishes I'd spent thousands buying that pink plastic & diamante Chanel Cuff that Mary Shackman was wearing in the previous post.

You may wonder what I'm doing standing in front of the Tim Olson Drawing Prize Winner holding a bunch of flowers like a Dotty Diva taking a curtain call.
I'm pretending to be the winner of course. Just to get some practice in.
Because I'm Becoming One. In fact, I've already Become One. But that's a whole other story.

My great friend & colleague, Trixie Drew calls this My Inspector Gadget Outfit. She always knows what to say to make me smile.


1 comment:

Darla said...

I can only wear a trench coat when it is unbelted and flapping open rendering it pretty useless for the type of cool or wet weather.

Darla