Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bling Droop

More backlog.
This time its a Birthday Party. I suppose you could tell from the shoes above.
One pair of them are 'Marc Jacobs' worn by my friend, The Ex-School Nurse. I'm not going to tell you which ones.
I'm such a wag.

Here's the Birthday Girl. Not the baby. She's not old enough to have a Birthday yet.

Here's a rather unflattering photo of The Duchess. Her partner, The Walking Kilt is standing behind her. I think the addition of a kilt adds a Certain Grandeur to any occasion.
Last week at the party to celebrate the closing of Art Month, I spied a man wearing what I was told was a 'SKORT'. Perhaps I've got this wrong. It was a long straight skirt which he wore with a suit coat.
Shouldn't it really be called a 'SKANT'?
You know, skirt+ pant= SKANT.
Anyway, kilts are Classier than skorts.
Anyway anyway, I loved The Duchess's After Five Lace Dress in my favourite shade of Elephant.
Pity I didn't get a decent photo. Perhaps she'll wear it to school next term & I can photograph it then.

Here's what I gave the Birthday Girl. Well actually, its only the outside wrapping which I thought was a triumph of Recycling, if not Re-Gifting.
On the left is a card that reads, 'Who said you can't have it all?'. I made it.
In the middle is a Jo Malone Scented Candle box that I got as a gift which I didn't like much because the candle didn't smell enough. I filled it with fab bling that I bought at A Bling Shop. I carefully wrote 'NOT' above the name 'Jo Malone' so she wouldn't get too excited & think she was getting a 'Jo Malone' item when she wasn't.
And then there's the little Carry Bag that I found in the Recycling Bin in my building.


Lastly, here's The Ex-School Nurse & me. We scrubbed up rather well I thought, although I do look a little like I've just emerged from a sauna.
I'm wearing my thrifted 'Charlie Brown' Bling dress which is sadly suffering from 'Bling Droop'.
The E-SN is wearing the 'Marc Jacobs' shoes. But you can't see them.

1 comment:

Darla said...

Fun presents! I'll bet she treasures your art work and bling is always nice to have on hand.

Darla