Sunday, April 25, 2010

Straight Out of a Fairytale

Behold! Me & a Carpet Snake.
Well, I'm not exactly sure what kind of a snake it is, but since it's frolicking on a carpet, let's just call it a Carpet Snake.
A Petting Zoo for senior Biology students came to the school last week & I unceremoniously horned in on it.
I thought my Golden Shoes from 'Target' a few years ago & my Agnes B skirt looked fantastic with the snake, who had absolutely loads of personality. I was shocked & immediately charmed by it/her/him.
And here I am back in my boring old classroom with a Felt Frog. It was all I could rustle up under the circumstances. But it felt so Fake & Inauthentic after I experienced a Real Green Tree Frog in the Science Lab.
Sadly, there's not much call to wheel in A Petting Zoo when you're an English teacher. Although there are snakes & even a lion in the Forest of Arden in 'As You Like It'.

Back to the Frog.
Again, I was surprised at the Breadth & Depth of the frogs's personality. Not only did he change colour during the brief time he was allowed out of his perspex home, he also massively leapt around the lab, showed remarkable ability to cling to things & made a small croak.
Talk about straight out of a fairytale! I felt like I was in 'The Frog Prince'.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I'd be happy with the frog's company. The snake? No and no again.

Darla

Joe Blow said...

I want to come all over that top