Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sobbing At Toys

As promised, I went to see 'Toy Story 3' with Trixie this morning.
There is something slightly decadent & naughty about attending a Movie Theatre in the morning. Like you're truanting or something.
We both loved it.
SPOILER ALERT!!!
And we both cried. Yes, that's right. At Toys.
Towards the end, they all held hands one by one because they were about to be incinerated. Only of course they were saved in the nick of time.
It was one of the most moving things I've seen in a movie in a while. And..... I started crying again as I was drying my hands in the ladies room afterwards. In fact, I thought I was going to Completely Break Down like with Sound Effects, but managed to pull myself together by thinking about Lunch.
Food never fails to distract me.
Perhaps you are thinking that I may be a little Unhinged.
Perhaps you're right. But only this morning I was relieved to read in the newspaper how Grown Men who might have Super- Masculine Jobs like carpenters & plumbers are blubbering themselves silly over 'Toy Story'. In fact, whole cinemas are irretrievably breaking down.
So its not just me for a change.
Anyway, I made this little artwork above as a Homage (pronounced Hom-arge) to the film. Sadly, I didn't have a Jessie Doll (or whatever her Name is. I'm waiting for when all the toys become giveaways in 'Happy Meals') so I paired ol'Buzz with a Troll. Sadly, its not quite the same.
You may be wondering how I achieved the Lifelike affect, you know, like Buzz & his Troll Girlfriend are actually standing in a marble floored living room straight out of the pages of a vintage 'Architectural Digest'. You can see that the backdrop is paper because there's a crease on the right hand side. Then I position the models inside the backdrop & take a photo. Its that simple.
I wish the rest of my life was.

No comments: