Friday, August 29, 2008

Top 500 Victim Songs

In my relentless search to find the top 500 Victim Songs, I've been given a few great suggestions. Darla, from Bay side to Mountain side, provided me with the lyrics of 'Black Coffee', a great & classy song that fits the criteria beautifully. Thank you Darla. 
Work that Wardrobe suggested 'Every Breath you Take' which immediately resonated with me as it's all about stalking,  a behaviour that I briefly flirted with during the Mullet Years.
Over lunch in the Staff room, my esteemed colleague, The Duchess, loudly proclaimed that 'If I Could Turn Back Time' by Cher was the No. 1 all time Victim Song. Who could forget that inexplicable video of Cher aboard some Naval Vessel packed to the rafters with salivating sailors? I seem to remember her singing whilst straddling a v. large cannon on board the ship while the crew leered at her. And what did any of that to do with Turning Back Time, I ask you?
And what about the Outfit? I guess she was just giving fodder to Drag Queens.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love the double mullet photo.
I seem to remember lots of UK footballers sporting them long after they went out of fashion.
Then Kajagoogoo and Black Lace produced a variation, the long, spiky long back and short sides.