Friday, December 12, 2008

I've decided that I'm taking on the Summer Holiday as A Project, rather like making a patchwork quilt or scaling Mount Everest. 
Each day I will get up out of bed & begin a New Adventure, even if I've really had the New Adventure hundreds or maybe thousands of times before. Like going to the Cafe. Drinking skim lattes. Eating Weet Bix. Making Jewels. Going to the thrift shop. Going to Yoga. Doing artwork. Taking photos. Posting Photos on flickr. Arranging the house. 
I'll even find New or Relatively New things to do.
And I'll Trot, not Trudge down the road.

P.S. I hope you like my latest little Shrine to Happy Elephants featuring the Wonderful Ganesh. I thought it was Highly Appropriate as Ganesh is the Remover of Obstacles.

7 comments:

janavi said...

Didn't you say something about taking your book around during your Holiday? Have a great time.I've been sans a man for a long time, and for me it is a much less sressful way of life.
Janavi

Darla said...

I adore Ganesh. I'm off to the local Indian grocer today to get some spices so your post is a reminder to look around for Ganesh. I've been known to buy things just for the image on the package.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your holiday adventures.

Darla

Darla

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I've always found that doing little changes (like trotting instead of trudging!) can make living more alive.

Love, Olla

Della Street Dreaming said...

Janavi - I meant to say how I loved your comments about Poor Ol' Rachel, particularly how she's not well regarded & how every one of her clients look the same. That's what I thought too.
Yes, I am going to work on my picture book during the hols. Youve got such a great memory. I've decided to completely re-work it.
And not having a man hasn't bothered you too much by the sound of things.

Della Street Dreaming said...

Darla - so glad you got the package. Hope you'll find time to do some stuff after the hols.

janavi said...

Being w/o a man was strange at first, but then when I realized all the time & energy I had wasted... Whenever I think it might be nice to have one again, I just slap myself.
And poor ol'Rachel makes about $6000 a day, maybe more!
Janavi

janavi said...

Being w/o a man was strange at first, but then when I realized all the time & energy I had wasted... Whenever I think it might be nice to have one again, I just slap myself.
And poor ol'Rachel makes about $6000 a day, maybe more!
Janavi