Saturday, December 13, 2008

You may or may not recall that recently I'd been watching episodes of 'The Rachel Zoe Project' on Pay TV. I found it Compellingly Ghoulish.
And  even though I was watching hard, I couldn't for the life of me work out what exactly WAS Rachel's 'Style'.  All I could see was Huge Oversized Hair, Cute Rabbit Teeth & Bug-eyed Sunglasses.
 And I know that if my Poor Dead Mother could take a load of her, she'd immediately call her 'Cousin It', who was a Yeti-like character on the  sixties TV show, 'The Addams Family'.

My interest in Rachel has been fuelled by Janavi,  one of my favourite flickr friends who I like to think is my eyes & ears in New York. She tells me that Rachel earns $6000 a day which is a preposterous amount to a middleagedteacher. That's one of the wonderful things about my job - the ability to assume the High Moral Ground at a moment's notice. Here am I slaving over a hot whiteboard ensuring the wellbeing of the Next Generation & getting paid toy money for doing it while Rach chooses a lousy gown for some Stick Insect to wear on the Red Carpet & makes millions.
I've already mentioned that I'd like to have my own reality TV show, The Middleagedteacher Project. I'm sure it would be a hit. But I don't think that I'm strong enough to face all the nasty things that people would say about me on their blogs.
Best to Stay Anonymous I think

6 comments:

janavi said...

That's her thing- big sunglasses, big designer bag , very high heels, long straight hair. Clothes are kind of 80's slick or boho chic. Think Olsen twins, sometimes.
It's complete craziness!I'm not sure why some people make it to the top, like her, and others, who seem to have more ablity, struggle so.
You're one of my favorite Flickr friends as well. Wish we had "known" each other last Jan. when you were in NY. Janavi








































































's

janavi said...

PS- I forgot to mention stick thin!

Sheila said...

Is that Rachel Zoe in the picture? She looks rather...haggard.

Fame has no real rhyme or reason. It's all chaos.

Della Street Dreaming said...

I agree Sheila. She is totally inexplicable.

Darla said...

I don't know the person you mention but agree if that is her in the photo she needs help.

Darla

janavi said...

Supposedly she had a stomach virus????? Janavi