Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Only Befores

Gidday Viewers,
Simply hours ago I sat down to write a blog entry.
But then I got distracted by the Season finale of The Fashion Show.
And now it's almost my Official Bedtime & I haven't written a damn thing.
And I'm v. sleepy. Only this very afternoon did I uncharacteristically change the sheets on my Large King Size bed. And I just love hopping into Clean Sheets. Such a rare occasion. Not that I want to create the impression that I'm filthy or anything.
But before I head off to Nod Land, let me walk you through these Outfits from 2008.
Yes, folks, I'm now doing a Retrospective. How Self-Referential!
And can you guess the theme?
That's right. Bloopers.
I can't believe that I wore these outfits. What was I thinking?
But perhaps some of you can't tell the difference between this lot & what I've been wearing lately. There's the same old sockettes, although the 2008 ones seem to be slightly more Holly Hobbyish than the Current Crop.
There's the same old footless tights.
And there's the same old pattern mixing.
But something's Definitely Different. Let's Deconstruct.
I guess now it's less Granny Takes a Trip & more Middleaged Moderne. In 2008, it looks like I was having a competition with myself to see how many layers I could wear at once. And talk about being covered up from top to toe. Like I'm modest or something. Or v. religious. All that's missing is the headwear.
The title of the first photo is 'Prize Fighter' for obvious reasons.
In the next one I'm doing my best Amy Winehouse impersonation. Or a middleagedteacher's version of her. It was taken at the height of My Misery after being dumped by Mr. Ex-Middleaged. You'd never know there was a thing wrong with me.

And then there's 'Chocolate Vomit Mc Slurry' below. Oh dear, I hope I haven't offended anyone with that Racy Title. But you must must must agree with me that it is v. apt.

I've saved the best till last. I've been unable to come up with a title for it. Perhaps you can offer a suggestion?


4 comments:

Darla said...

I'd say you've moved on. Notice how lovely you look in the black dress in the previous post?

Darla

Della Street Dreaming said...

thank you Darla! I remember you commenting about not being sure about the sockettes in the last photo when I posted it last year.

annabelleblue said...

suzi q are you the only one in cyberspace that leaves me loud and helpless with laughter no matter how many times i trudge through paramatta westfield? you are hiLARious ... look forward to seeing you real soon a xxx

Della Street Dreaming said...

Anna - Its 6.30am & I've just woken up & cranked up the computer as I'm waiting for my bath to fill. It was sooo lovely to read your wonderful message. thanks!
love Sue