Tuesday, March 2, 2010

God Created the Pussy Cat So That Humans Can Know What It Is Like to Pat a Lion.

Behold a Large Cat. It's name is Hoshi which means something quite Meaningful in Japanese . She belonged to a friend who sadly died.
Nowadays, Hoshi spends at least part of her time being a Cat for Hire, allowing people who Can't Commit to a Full-time Animal the experience of owning one. Aunt Jenny is one of those people.
Here I am with daughter Maeflower at Aunt Jenny's over the weekend.
There is a saying that says something like, 'God created the pussy cat so that humans can know what it is like to pat a lion'. And that's exactly how we felt whilst stroking Hoshi.
Sadly, she didn't purr.
I don't blame her.

Remember I told you that I was going to the Annual Swimming Carnival last friday at a treeless suburban Municipal Pool?
Here I am poolside, justifiably recieving all the Gold Medals & the School Shield. Finally I'm being acknowledged.
Don't be fooled by the Background Foliage in the picture. That was OUTSIDE the Pool gates.
Unfortunately, there was no Electrical Storm involving Hail or even sleet. That was happening in Jerusalem instead.
There was a depressing light drizzle on & off all day which wasn't enough to call a halt to proceedings. But at one stage a rumour went around that the Carnival might have to stop because all the toilets at the Pool except for one became Mysteriously Blocked . Girls were lined up in a snake formation across the length of the Olympic Pool waiting to go.
Sadly, that apparently wasn't a good enough reason.


Here's The Small Zoo that I wore today.
Two elephants & perhaps a panther.
They made a helluva racket every time I moved.
But it was worth it.

Here's what I wore yesterday. Note that it has a slight Autumnal Feel, not that we ever really have Autumn. And we probably won't have Winter ever again anyway.
I must stop obsessing over the weather.
Look look look at the Clump of Black Flowers I'm wearing as a necklace.
It works well with the picture of Macbeth that I've drawn on the whiteboard.

And here we're back with today's outfit.
Haven't got time to go on about it. Make up your own commentary if you like.
Tomorrow I'm going off to an Arcadian Location on the outskirts of Sydney for the Year 12 Retreat. Luckily, my great friend Trixie Drew will be with me.
So, you won't hear from me until the weekend perhaps.
Hope you can wait.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Let's get the wardrobe out of the way first. I think it is very noble of you to carry on the traditions of autumn and winter. Whether we ever see one again or not, it is important to document their prior existences for a generation that will never experience them firsthand.

I am thrilled to see you finally getting the recognition you deserve. I hear that pole dancing is being considered as an event in the next winter Olympics and wonder if your experience in holding high the gold medals and school shield might not be a precursor to your high achievement in the next Olympics--and possibly in this new event?

(So much more to address in this lively post of yours, but alas, I am off to a review of Richard Scarry's children's books in my health and weight loss blog.)

Darla said...

That's a big cat for sure.

I really, really like the grey wrap dress. Is that new? I don't remember seeing it but then I suspect you have a closet full of things we haven't seen.

Darla