Monday, June 15, 2009

Maybe When You're a Towering Presence You Have Less Fear.


I just had to post another photo of Me & the 'Spinelli' dress that references Krystle Carrington & maybe a block of honeycomb or a large bumble bee without the black bits.
I'm quite fascinated by it. And I may wear it to school every day for the rest of the week. But I can't because I want to have another go at wearing a jacket a different way so I can win Mervat's jacket challenge on her blog Isthatnew. If I haven't already missed the deadline.
In case you're wondering, I'm reasonably short but certainly Not An Elf. It's just that I'm photographed next to Robyn, an Exceedingly Tall Woman who is lovely. Back in the early eighties, I briefly stayed at her v. interesting apartment in Hell's Kitchen in New York where every stick of furniture she'd dragged in from the street.  And it All Matched.
Robyn is such a goer, something I yearn to be. Maybe when you are a Towering Presence you have Less Fear. 
Anyway, I hadn't seen Robyn for ages so I rabbited on about having my outfits photographed daily & then posting them on the blog & flickr. She had never heard of such a thing. It was Entirely Alien Territory to her. Of course, I went into immediate Self-Justification Mode, wheeling out my usual line about 'Enlightenment Through Wardrobe'. It sounded a little lame.

3 comments:

Darla said...

The first thing that struck me is that your dress and her top have somewhat the same line - that overlap sort of thing - going on.

Darla

Sheila said...

I love the yellow dress. It reminds me of a yellow dress I had in 1985. My brother called it the banana dress, damn him.

You do not look like a bee.

When I talk about my blog, I don't try to justify it; I fully admit that it's all about me. Embrace your self-centredness, Sue!

Mervat said...

What a great dress, especially the sleeves. And the colour is just beautiful.

And no you are definitely not late for the jacket challenge...