Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Transformation of the Brussel Sprout



If you read my previous post you'd know that I'm spending at least part of The Queen's Birthday Long Weekend with my daughter Billie-Mae in Canberra.  If you didn't bother reading the previous post, now you know.
I do so enjoy my little visits. Part of why is because she now makes food for me which I find Luxurious Beyond Words.
For years & years & years while she was growing up I made food for her. This will come as no surprise to most people.  But let me tell you, it was Hard.  Apart from the fact that I am rather lazy, for a long time BM would eat only Foods that Were White - Cucumbers, Two-Minute Noodles (they tended to be Slightly Yellow), Pasta & loads of v. white sugar.

Now she is all grown up, Things Have Changed.  Not only is she a magnificent person, she is also a Magnificent Cook who can transform the Gastronomically Challenged Brussel Sprout into a mouth watering delicacy. I wonder if the B. Sprout originated in Belgium?
Have a look at them pertly sitting up in the baking dish alongside other  more tasty vegetables. In BM's deft hands, they were just as good. 

2 comments:

Darla said...

I'm one of those strange folks who actually like Brussel sprouts. And I like them best roasted. Or, maybe cut really fine (shredded?) and quickly stir fried with some diced bacon.

The whole pan of roasted veggies looks good!

Darla

Mervat said...

I think I have roasted every vegi known to humankind except the daggy, boring brussel sprout...it never even occurred to me. I will definitely give it a go next time. Thanks.