Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hubert de Givenchy's Aeronautical Engineering Genius

Ever since I posted my previous post this afternoon, I've been thinking about the Fabulous Fifties Givenchy Dress that was the inspiration for my collage, 'Redefine Your Outline' featured below. 
So, I just had to go & trawl through all my really badly organised magazine clippings, of which I've got thousands until I found the original photo from 'Elle' mag. 
Isn't it a marvel of aerodynamic or aeronautical engineering genius? 
But it was probably a real pain in the arse to wear. You probably wouldn't have been able to sit down. And no dry cleaners would have touched it. And people would have stared & some may have even sniggered as you glided by. In my case, I would have waddled. 

1 comment:

Christy said...

The dress may be impractical, but I just love it. I can't stop looking at it. I wish that I had such a dress--and an occasion to wear such a dress.