In yesterday's post I mentioned that I thought I'd had a Mini-Makeover.
Now I'm not so sure.
I definitely had my hair cut & my eyebrows shaped & tinted, but except for a shorter fringe which beautifully highlights the frown marks between my eyes, I don't look any different.
Oh, & I sprayed some 'Sun-In' on the top of my hair which lightened it a bit.
In any case, my Failed Makeover was very cheap:
1. Hair cut at 'Just Cuts' - $24. I got a free shampoo because I told the hairdresser that even though I had only washed my hair yesterday, it was looking oily & sad. She seemed to take pity on me.
2. Eyebrow Shape & Tint at Beautician - $29.
3. 'Sun-In' Spray on lightener - one or two sprays from a $12 bottle.
Now that I'm on two weeks holiday, I'm wearing English Teacher's Holiday Clothes, which is basically the same stuff as English Teacher's Wardrobe, but with more Casual Abandon. I'm itching to wear Flip-Flops or maybe even Gladiator Sandals so I can show off my $30 pedicure from 'USA Nails'.
I hope that I'm not being too Self-Disclosing by revealing how much everything costs.
It's just that I'm a Reverse Snob. Unless it's cheap it doesn't give me any pleasure.
In fact, why not reveal how much my outfit cost?
1. Faux Missoni printed shirt -$3.
1. One large Earring made from a shell - $5
3. Thrifted skirt from 'Supre' - $3.
4. 'Akira' fabric offcut worn as a scarf - $5.
5. Long faux gold chain with a key chain I found somewhere that says 'Schiaparelli' - no more than $5.
6. Bracelets with little religious paintings from a Mexican shop in Los Angeles - $15 for two.
Gosh that's Cheap.
And worth every cent, I say!