Monday, September 29, 2008

More Decorating & the Dumped Woman




Here's some more decorating touches that I've added to my apartment now that I'm living alone & don't have to please anyone else.
In my last 'Decorating & the Dumped Woman' blog entry, I posted  some Spring Floral Arrangements. 
Of course, they're all dead now. That's why I like Fake, like these yummy fake pears that I just bought at my favourite thrift shop, 'Beatniks & Bohemians'.
But at the market last saturday I found these large Toucanesque flowers that I hope may last a few weeks. Don't be put off by the upside-down bird hanging off them. It's just my little joke.
As the apartment is singularly devoid of any Male Energy at the moment, I decided to remedy the situation & place a doll of  Friedrich Nietszche (poor spelling) on the couch. I know it's a poor substitute for the Real Thing, but it will have to do for the time being.  I can definitely feel an increase in testosterone. 



4 comments:

Sheila said...

Shouldn't it be Freud on the couch (haha, couldn't resist)?

Love the wild flowers! My decorating is limited to clumps of cat hair, sadly.

see you there! said...

Colorful! I bought a pot of bright yellow mums for the kitchen table. Every Fall I have to have at least one pot of mums.

Darla

Della Street Dreaming said...

Maybe I should get a cat, Sheila. But I don't think I could do it right now.
Dr. Freud! Of course! But I do like Friedrich.

Darla, 'yellow mums' doesn't translate into Australian, sadly. I'm guessing it's an autumn flower

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I
am impressed! Very helpful information particularly the last part :
) I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular info for a long time.
Thank you and best of luck.
my web site > diet Plans For women