Friday, June 13, 2008

The Democratisation of Photography


Ever since I discovered The Digital Revolution, I've been an obsessed photographer. Years ago, when you had to fiddle around with light meters & darkrooms & buy really expensive equipment, I couldn't be bothered. But now anyone can do it. So I guess the Revolution has heralded the Democratization of Photography, which I think is a good thing. My discovery of flickr where I can look at thousands of interesting photos & then post my own, has only fed my addiction. Oh dear, admitting to an addiction! Quelle horreur! I wonder if there's a 12-step programme for Recovering Digital Photographers Who Need to Post Photos On the Internet Everyday? I bet there is.
The above photo was another one of my attempts at taking Sartorialist type street photos featuring stylish people. It was taken at 'Zinc', my local cafe where I buy two lattes & a savoury muffin a day. The owner, Peter knows about my addiction & kindly asked this lovely lady if she minded me taking her photo. I'm always worried that people are going to get angry & say it's an invasion of their precious privacy or accuse me of image theft or something, but so far no one has. In fact, most people quite like being asked.
Anyway I thought this gal & her very bossy dog looked great. I'm not a fan of the Ugg boot, but she's got a whole Urban Cowgirl Deluxe look happening with the denim mini & checked shirt.
.

1 comment:

Darla said...

Heh! I had to go back and look for the denim mini, I thought that was just the bottom of her shirt. LOL!